Outseer provides payment authentication, account monitoring, and fraud management technology solutions to support secure growth of digital commerce. Outseer products and solutions have been built using identity-based science and machine learning to deliver high fraud detection rates with little customer intervention, allowing for a more seamless user experience. Outseer processes more than 20 billion transactions globally, protecting more than two billion consumers each year.
Fraud Solution Profile
Provides payment authentication, account monitoring, and fraud management technology solutions to support secure growth of digital commerce. Outseer products and solutions have been built using identity-based science and machine learning to deliver high fraud detection rates with little to no customer intervention, allowing for a more seamless user experience. Outseer processes more than 20 billion transactions globally, protecting more than two billion consumers each year.
Outseer provides a range of solutions to enable issuers, payment processors and merchants worldwide:
- Outseer FraudAction™ delivers rapid detection and takedown services related to phishing, rogue apps and fraudulent social media activities as well as additional data insights into threat activities on the dark web in order to protect your customers and your brand.
- Outseer Fraud Manager™ protects customers across all digital channels with risk-based account monitoring solutions, detecting 95% of fraudulent transactions with only 5% intervention.
- Outseer 3-D Secure™ is a risk-based payment authentication solution mapping to the latest EMV® 3-D Secure protocol. Outseer’s authentication services protect billions of transactions each year; Outseer 3-D Secure saved clients $1.6 billion in 2020.
Outseer 3-D Secure is an Access Control Server (ACS) for credit and debit card issuers and payments processors. With the Outseer Risk Engine™ at its core, Outseer 3-D Secure evaluates each transaction in real time to determine the probability of fraud versus genuine transactions.
Step-up authentication is triggered for the small percentage of transactions that are high risk or based on defined policies. Step-up is reserved for instances that truly warrant closer scrutiny, with a global average of approximately 5% requiring intervention. The vast majority of transactions experience a frictionless verification process. Outseer 3-D Secure offers out-of-the-box step-up authentication options as well as a flexible interface to integrate with an organization’s own authentication methods.
Underlying Outseer products and solutions, is the Outseer Risk Engine™. The Outseer Risk Engine assesses more than 100 different fraud indicators to evaluate the risk of a transaction in real time and produces a risk score. The score is based on a number of different, contextual data elements including device and behavioral profiling data elements from the 3-D Secure protocol where applicable, and intelligence from the Outseer Global Data Network™.
- The Outseer Risk Engine uses a machine learning, statistical approach to calculate the risk score. This approach examines the conditional probability of each event to evaluate if it’s most likely genuine or fraudulent given known facts or predictors. All available factors are considered and weighed according to relevance, so that the most predictive factors contribute more heavily to the score. The predictive weighting calculations are updated daily based on the feedback from case management, chargeback data, and authentication results.
- The Outseer Global Data Network is a shared global, cross-industry anti-fraud intelligence network used to inform risk decisions. Network members use the Outseer case management application to mark activities as “Confirmed Fraud” or “Confirmed Genuine”; once marked, the associated data elements are shared across the network. When an activity is attempted and includes one of the elements from the Global Data Network, the risk is automatically adjusted. The Outseer Global Data Network has a low false-positive ratio and contributes to 25-30% of identified fraud.
Fifth Third Bank
Ecommerce, Financial Services, Insurance, Telecom
Account Takeover, Loyalty or Promo Abuse, Payment Fraud
Behavioral Biometrics, Biometrics, Machine Learning, Multi-Factor Authentication, Rules Engine