This Digital Millennium Copyright Act policy (“Policy”) applies to the about-fraud.com website (“Website” or “Service”) and any of its related products and services (collectively, “Services”) and outlines how ABOUT FRAUD (CY) LTD (doing business as “About-Fraud”, “we”, “us” or “our”). addresses copyright infringement notifications and how you (“you” or “your”) may submit a copyright infringement complaint.
Protection of intellectual property is of utmost importance to us and we ask our users and their authorized agents to do the same. It is our policy to expeditiously respond to clear notifications of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) of 1998, the text of which can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office website.
What to consider before submitting a copyright complaint
Please note that under 17 U.S.C. § 512(f), you may be liable for any damages, including costs and attorneys’ fees incurred by us or our users, if you knowingly misrepresent that the material or activity is infringing. If you are unsure whether the material you are reporting is in fact infringing, you may wish to contact an attorney before filing a notification with us.
The DMCA requires you to provide your personal information in the copyright infringement notification. If you are concerned about the privacy of your personal information, you may wish to use an agent to report infringing material for you.
Notifications of infringement
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof, and you believe that any material available on our Services infringes your copyrights, then you may submit a written copyright infringement notification (“Notification”) using the contact details below pursuant to the DMCA by providing us with the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by this Notification, you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
- Identification of the infringing material and information you claim is infringing (or the subject of infringing activity), including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL or URLs of the web pages where the allegedly infringing material may be found.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- A physical or electronic signature (typing your full name will suffice) of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf.
All such Notifications must comply with the DMCA requirements. You may refer to a DMCA takedown notice generator or other similar services to avoid making mistake and ensure compliance of your Notification.
Filing a DMCA complaint is the start of a pre-defined legal process. Your complaint will be reviewed for accuracy, validity, and completeness. If your complaint has satisfied these requirements, our response may include the removal or restriction of access to allegedly infringing material.
If we remove or restrict access to materials or terminate an account in response to a Notification of alleged infringement, we will make a good faith effort to contact the affected user with information concerning the removal or restriction of access.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in any portion of this Policy, About-Fraud reserves the right to take no action upon receipt of a DMCA copyright infringement notification if it fails to comply with all the requirements of the DMCA for such notifications.
Changes and amendments
We reserve the right to modify this Policy or its terms related to the Website and Services at any time at our discretion. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. We may also provide notice to you in other ways at our discretion, such as through the contact information you have provided.
An updated version of this Policy will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised Policy unless otherwise specified. Your continued use of the Website and Services after the effective date of the revised Policy (or such other act specified at that time) will constitute your consent to those changes.
Reporting copyright infringement
If you would like to notify us of the infringing material or activity, we encourage you to contact us using the details below:
This document was last updated on April 7, 2022