LexisNexis® Risk Solutions
LexisNexis® Risk Solutions harnesses the power of data and advanced analytics to provide insights that help businesses and governmental entities reduce risk and improve decisions to benefit people around the globe. We provide data and technology solutions for a wide range of industries including insurance, financial services, healthcare and government.
Fraud Solution Profile
ThreatMetrix is powered by the global LexisNexis® Digital Identity Network® that grows more powerful with each transaction. The Digital Identity Network® is built from crowdsourced intelligence aggregating more than 30 billion global transactions each year including logins, payments, and new account creations.
- Context-based information detects bot attacks to perform behavioral analysis of users during periods of normal operation and compares such data to that gathered during an attack, enabling the ability to differentiate between a human and a bot the moment they login/transact.
- Deep connection analysis technologies detect the use of technologies such as hidden proxies and VPNs and allow the bank to see the true IP address, geolocation and other attributes of each event, backed by global identity data over time.
- Malware protection helps businesses mitigate the risk by being protected from Man-In-The- Browser (MITB), Remote Access Trojan (RAT), high velocity/frequency bot attacks to low-and- slow attacks mimicking legitimate customer behaviour, ransomware, key logging attempts, etc.
- Integration hub allows you to incorporate third-party data sources and custom services to provide additional authentication and identity verification services for high-risk transactions.
- Trust Tags enable businesses to define, categorize, tag and differentiate between good and bad users, devices, locations or personas.
- SmartID identifies returning users that wipe cookies, use private browsing, and change other parameters to bypass traditional device fingerprinting tools. This improves returning user detection and reduces false positives.
- TrueIP accurately detects the use of location and identity cloaking services, such as hidden proxies and VPNs, allowing your business to see the true IP address, geolocation and other attributes of each transaction.
LexisNexis® Emailage is a powerful fraud risk scoring solution fueled by email intelligence.
Your customers demand the flexibility to interact with you through multiple channels. Whether using a smartphone, tablet, laptop or other device, they expect you to recognize their identity and grant them fast, easy access to your system. At the same time, they want assurance that their personal information is secure and fraudsters cannot hijack their account. That is an extremely challenging task.
With the growth of digital channels for consumers, your ability to assess risk on digital elements is critical. This is especially true if your organization, like so many these days, minimizes the amount of personal identity information you collect to speed up onboarding of new customers and limit data exposure risk. Keeping customer interactions seamless and friction-free while preventing fraud requires multiple layers of defense.
Using a patented, proprietary analytic approach, Emailage reimagines fraud detection. One of the features that makes it so powerful is the strength of the LexisNexis® Risk Solutions network.
There are more than 4 billion email users worldwide.2 Unique email addresses are connected to many attributes including IP addresses and domain names. Emailage brings together traditional data, digital data and dynamic fraud signals to obtain a 360-degree view of the customer behind the transaction.
The network consists of:
- 5.9 billion digital identifiers
- 30 million confirmed fraud events shared in 2019
- 82,200 average fraud events shared daily
- Transactions processed in 150+ countries
- Analyzed risk for 36.5 billion customer events in 2019
Ecommerce, Financial Services, Insurance, Telecom
Fraud & AML Platform
Account Takeover, KYC & AML, Loyalty or Promo Abuse, New Account Fraud, Payment Fraud, Synthetic Identity Fraud
Behavioral Biometrics, Biometrics, Machine Learning, Multi-Factor Authentication, Rules Engine