Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. As a Pinterest employee, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping users make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
The Trust & Safety team is dedicated to protecting Pinterest users from harm, and we’re looking for an experienced investigator to tackle challenging adversarial problems at scale. You’ll develop a deep understanding of how abuse manifests on our platform, and devise scalable strategies for detection and prevention. You’ll begin by applying your top-notch analytical skills to the area of Misinformation, one of the most challenging, high-visibility and nascent threats our industry faces today. Alongside a team of cross-functional partners from Operations, Product, Policy, Security and Engineering, you’ll help us understand the threats we’re facing and help keep our users safe and free from harm.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct data-informed investigations into potential threats and adversarial behavior on Pinterest
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to devise new strategies for combating abuse
- Manage multiple analyses and projects while effectively prioritizing tasks
- Clearly document and communicate investigations and research
- Dive deep into a given abuse area to develop an understanding of how the content or adversarial behavior manifests on Pinterest
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years experience conducting technical and/or non-technical investigations
- Experience working with large datasets, including advanced proficiency in SQL and a scripting language such as Python
- Proven ability to communicate complex concepts to cross-functional stakeholders
- A curious self-starter with a bias toward action, unfazed by ambiguous and complex problems
- Understanding of global geopolitical, cultural and social issues preferred