Location: Brussels, Belgium
We at ING are pioneers. Our end goal is to unite ING and to achieve a single and best-in-class experience for all customers worldwide. In order to unite, we decided to build a leading European banking platform first, starting with two of our home markets: Belgium and the Netherlands. The close collaboration across the two countries of ING NL and ING BE started in 2018 with the Delivery Organisation, including cross-border Tribes. The position of cross-border Product Area Lead Fraud Prevention is one of the cross-border positions in the Delivery Organisation.
Do you want to make a concrete contribution to innovative solutions that minimize fraud? And ensure that any customer can easily and safely access his banking? Then the role of Product Area Lead in the field of fraud prevention at ING is perfect for you!
We believe ING plays an pivotal role in protecting our society: in a changing and uncertain digital world we provide peace of mind by ensuring ING is the safest bank. Confidence in the brand of ING, to secure data and services, is the foundation of our existence. So therefore our purpose is:
We as Tribe Fraud & Cybersecurity enable society to do banking in a safe and easy way. We protect your financials by being the best in fighting fraud and combatting cyber threats.
For years, ING has been a step ahead when it comes to innovative solutions for safe banking. It is not without reason that the technology that we use in voice, finger and face recognition, for example, is increasingly being used by others for authentication. And the way in which we help customers who, despite all the measures, still have to deal with fraud is special. For example, we ensure that customers who are victims of fraud and who are entitled to compensation, receive the money in their account within a day. Just to mention something. We really do everything we can to make banking even more secure in a customer-friendly way and we want customers to experience this every day. And this is also reflected in our fraud figures. So work with real impact. In order to remain a leader in this regard in the coming years, we work with people who are creative, have a sense of IT and who put their ground breaking ideas into practice every day.
Your role & responsibilities:
- You define the future of fraud prevention. This means you take the lead to create a vision how we can prevent fraud in the future for all channels (app, web, assisted). You translate the vision in a roadmap.
- You are responsible for the access means of ING in Belgium and the Netherlands and ensure any customer can easily and safely access his banking environment and sign in in a qualified and secure way.
- You are responsible for the end to end customer journeys of fraud prevention which includes customer satisfaction, performance of the process, risks and data.
- You steer the delivery and make sure we deliver to promise. You know what is going on in the squads, manage dependencies, resolve impediments and keep track on our velocity.
- You are on top of all the market developments which take place in the area of authentication, you know relevant suppliers and bring authentication knowledge and –innovations to ING
- You share relevant insights and developments within your own expertise with Area members and other colleagues inside or outside the Tribe.
- You are the primary contact for Fraud Prevention to our stakeholder, inside and outside ING.
- The Product Area Lead is a full-time job, with responsibility for part of a tribe’s WHAT. You will work together with the squads’ Product Owners in the Product Area
- You have squads in both the Netherlands and Belgium, it is expected that you spend time in both countries
- You stimulate cross-border interaction between people, tribes, squads and chapters (within and outside your own Product Area).
- You create and maintain the new cross-cultural collaboration by creating awareness & understanding, leveraging on diversity and by communicating effectively.
Who are we looking for:
- An energetic PAL who is eager to work at Fraud & Cyber Security.
- You are able to make complex matters simple with colleagues in your area and you have the overview and the vision to determine the direction of the Tribe with others.
- You have affinity with IT
- You are willing to travel regularly.
- Fluent in Dutch or French AND English
- You strengthen the “ING way of working” while safeguarding the Orange Code as a role model.
Specific knowledge, experience and skills
- Experience and/or affinity within the Fraud Prevention is an asset
- Affinity with technical (IT) developments and digitization
- Sound experience in building strategic roadmaps and proven experience in strategic projects with high impact
- You have achieved results in delivery in an agile working environment.
- You have excellent communication skills. Whether you are facing an IT person or a business person: you speak their language.
- You have a strong organizational sensitivity; ability to understand and take into account the underlying issues, opportunities and dynamics of an organization
- You are able to take responsibility, steer strategy and realizations based on facts and data; managerial courage to question and make decisions
- You are able to empower teams to act autonomously, think out of the box and hold them accountable
- You have a Master’s degree