Location: London, United Kingdom
With more than 60 years of history in the bag, ours is a brand with an impressive heritage. Style is well and truly in our blood. As well as UK and Ireland, we are represented globally through our stores in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia. Our E-commerce business is helping to set the trend globally, shipping to 125 countries whilst also growing our presence on the world’s leading digital fashion marketplaces.
Our people make all the difference. Just as the River Island name pulls customers in off the high street and inspires them to buy online, our employer brand turns the heads of talented people, inspiring them to join, stay and grow with us.
We have an exciting opportunity in our Fraud and Payments team for an experienced people manager with a strong background in online fraud prevention.
If you are an ambitious and driven individual with the right talent and experience, this could be the role for you!
Reporting into the Global Fraud and Payments Manager, the Fraud Operations Manager will be responsible for managing a team of Fraud Analysts and Administrators and ensuring the effective day to day management and delivery of a 7-day operation.
In addition to managing fraud, the role will focus on ensuring the team is continuously delivering value and positive impact to the Business and our Customers.
Note: While the operation covers all Business channels, the primary focus is E-Commerce so candidates must have direct experience in this area. Typical working hours will be Monday to Friday 09:00-17:30 or 10:00-18:30. Due to the nature of the role, a flexible approach is required to support Business needs.
- Identify and manage fraud risk while maximising acceptance rates at checkout
- Effective team performance management and talent development
- Provide a 1st class service to the Business and our Customers, ensuring all SLAs are met
- Act as SME and an escalation point for Fraud & Payments matters
- Promote and maintain strong communication and engagement with key stakeholders
- Optimisation of fraud rules, tools and techniques to minimise online fraud and identify commercial opportunities
- Implement effective solutions and on-going process improvements to ensure the timely detection and analysis of fraudulent activity
- Management of fraud related to PSD2
- Ensure key KPIs and projects/ initiatives are measured and reported on
- Work closely with 3rd party fraud and payment partners to ensure maximum value through a collaborative approach
- Be the subject matter expert for fraud and payments and Customer Service’s point of contact for customer escalations
- Manage a team of 6 (4 x Fraud Analysts and 2 x Store Order Administrators)
- Motivate and inspire the team, and drive high standards of performance to maximise each individual’s ability and ensure key KPIs are met
- Ensure each team member is fully aware of the strategy and understands their role and responsibilities
- Support with the prioritisation and planning of essential team tasks to ensure Customer expectation and multiple cut offs/ SLAs are met
Communicating and Influencing
- Drive a high standard of communication and excellent Customer Service at all times
- Lead and support key projects and initiatives, including testing & support for new initiatives on the website
- Effectively communicate strategies across the Team, Department and Business
- Engage with and influence key internal and external stakeholders, and provide expert advice and training where needed
What we are looking for
- Experienced in managing online fraud for a Business with a Customer-facing E-Commerce website
- An excellent people manager who knows how to manage talent effectively and provide direction, coaching and motivation
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and think on their feet
- Able to engage and communicate effectively at all levels, with excellent verbal and written
- Able to define, structure and prioritise workload for themselves and others
- Able to see the ‘whole picture’ and recognise the impact of activities across the Business
- Able to display a high degree of confidentiality and discretion
The following knowledge and experience is required:
- Leading an operational support team and ensuring all SLAs are met and KPIs delivered
- Knowledge of strategies, tools and techniques to identify and manage fraud
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- A logical and high-level approach to problem-solving
- High level of PC literacy, with Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills