Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet. Businesses of every size—from new startups to public companies like Salesforce and Facebook—use the company’s software to accept online payments and run technically sophisticated financial operations in more than 100 countries. Stripe helps new companies get started and grow their revenues, and established businesses accelerate into new markets and launch new business models. Over the long term, Stripe aims to increase the GDP of the internet.
We are looking for a leader to manage Stripe’s Fraud Operations Team. This role is directly responsible for building a best-in-class global fraud operations team supporting Stripe’s risk organization while working closely with cross-functional stakeholders across engineering, sales, financial crimes, vendor management and more!
In this role, you will be responsible for developing the operational strategy for the global Fraud Operations team through detailed OKR’s, regular reporting to senior management, deep dive analysis as requested into specific fraud patterns, typologies, and operational risk associated with new market or product launches. In addition to the above, you will manage a global team of investigators.
The right candidate for this role will have a minimum of five years experience scaling global fraud teams within e-commerce, payments, or technology companies. Must have a deep understanding of fraud typologies, anti-fraud controls, proficiency with fraud modeling, machine learning, typology assessments, and demonstrated experience mitigating operational fraud risk.
- Lead a team of 8-10 high-performing investigators in a hyper-growth tech company; including daily performance management and coaching;
- Maintain oversight of operational vendor performance as it relates to fraud workstreams, to ensure compliance with regulatory and financial partner expectations;
- Identify risk factors and trends of potentially fraudulent activity, including the development of trend reports and key indicators to serve as early warning risk indicators for potentially fraudulent activity;
- Develop and implement comprehensive fraud detection strategies and business rules that balance fraud loss, cost of execution, and customer experience;
- Leads root cause analysis to identify opportunities to predict, prevent, and mitigate risk within process and performance;
- Utilize analytics to optimize existing fraud strategies, in order to reduce false positive rates and increase fraud detection rates;
- Facilitate monthly, quarterly, and annual business reviews for the Fraud Operations team;
- Define and manage core metrics, SLAs, and performance of the Fraud Investigations team;
- Generate fraud metrics to show the performance of fraud systems for use in management reporting;
- Identify gaps in current systems, policies and strategies, and recommends enhancements and process improvements to mitigate emerging fraud risks through a collaborative approach with stakeholders;
- Manage multiple projects to enhance and optimize fraud strategy systems and tools.
We’re looking for someone who has
- A minimum of five years experience building and scaling global fraud teams within e-commerce, payments, risk management, or technology;
- Extensive knowledge in card-not-present fraud schemes, its risk prevention methods and detection tools for digital, virtual and physical goods;
- Experience mitigating online fraud, such as account takeover, phishing, online card testing, etc.;
- Strong skills in SQL, CRM, and Data analysis tools;
- Creative, team-focused, and effective problem solver;
- Experience using data to propose creative solutions to both tactical and strategic problems;
- Prior experience working with engineering and/or technical teams in fraud modeling;
- The ability and desire to question the status quo;
- Creative thinker who considers problems from a customer perspective while being pragmatic and solutions-oriented when solving them.