Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet. Businesses of every size—from new startups to public companies like Salesforce and Facebook—use the company’s software to accept online payments and run technically sophisticated financial operations in more than 100 countries. Stripe helps new companies get started and grow their revenues, and established businesses accelerate into new markets and launch new business models. Over the long term, Stripe aims to increase the GDP of the internet.
We are looking for someone passionate about fighting fraud, identifying new trends/typologies, educating other Stripes on the operational fraud risk of new markets/products, naturally curious and a strong desire to network with peers and partners within the fraud space. This position will be the founding APAC member of our global Fraud Ops team, working closely with cross-functional stakeholders across engineering, sales, financial crimes, vendor management and more!
The right candidate for this role will have a minimum of two years experience in financial fraud within ecommerce or payments and possess a deep understanding of fraud typologies, anti-fraud controls, proficiency with fraud modeling, machine learning, typology assessments, and demonstrated experience mitigating operational fraud risk.
- Identify risk factors and trends of potentially fraudulent activity, including the development of trend reports and key indicators to serve as early warning risk indicators for potentially fraudulent activity;
- Develop and implement comprehensive fraud detection strategies and business rules that balance fraud loss, cost of execution, and customer experience;
- Lead root cause analysis to identify opportunities to predict, prevent, and mitigate risk within process and performance;
- Utilize analytics to optimize existing fraud strategies, in order to reduce false positive rates and increase fraud detection rates;
- Participate in monthly, quarterly, and annual business reviews for the Fraud Operations team;
- Identify gaps in current systems, policies and strategies, and recommends enhancements and process improvements to mitigate emerging fraud risks through a collaborative approach with stakeholders;
- Manage multiple projects to enhance and optimize fraud strategy systems and tools.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A minimum of two years experience in fraud operations within the payments or ecommerce space
- Knowledge in card-not-present fraud schemes, its risk prevention methods and detection tools for digital, virtual and physical goods;
- Experience mitigating online fraud, such as account takeover, phishing, online card testing, etc.;
- Proficient in SQL or other data analysis tools;
- Creative, team-focused, and effective problem solver;
- Experience using data to propose creative solutions to both tactical and strategic problems;
- Prior experience working with engineering and/or technical teams in fraud modeling;
- The ability and desire to question the status quo;
- Creative thinker who considers problems from a customer perspective while being pragmatic and solutions-oriented when solving them;
- Proficient in reading and writing in Mandarin/ Japanese/ Korean/ Vietnamese